I have produced personal injury and clinical negligence expert reports for 14 years. I have also provided reports for the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, and the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. I include medico-legal work as part of my annual Continued Professional Development. I have attended the "Bond Solon Cardiff University Expert Witness Training" course in 2020.
Locations / on-line consultation
Claimants can be seen at The Nuffield Hospital in Cambridge, and the Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, Impington (or if appropriate via video-link).
My medicolegal work is reflective of my ongoing NHS practice. I regularly treat hand trauma , lower limb trauma, nerve injuries, and scars. Children’s surgery is part of my NHS practice. I have undertaken level 3 child safeguarding training.
- An up-to date expert report supported by available evidence, with an opinion that is objective, mature, and balanced
- A report that is succinct, focused, and analytical, with an assessment of the consequences of the injury, prognosis and future risk
- An appreciation of the implications of, and compliance with, the reforms carried out by Lord Justice Jackson
- The majority of reports are completed within two weeks of the appointment, correspondence or requests for amendment are dealt with promptly
- My fees can be downloaded from this website
Recent medicoleagal reports have included:
- Inadvertent division of a tendon during elective hand surgery: cinical negligence
- A crush injury sustained by a cyclist in her 20's run-over by a lorry: personal injury with review of the possible reconstructive options
- A dog-bite injury to the hand which resulted in chronic neuropathic pain: clinical negligence
- A fall at work resulting in a ligamentous injury to the wrist of a builder in his 20's: personal injury with review of the possible salvage options and the associated prognosis
- A fall at work resulting in a wrist fracture: clinical negligence with review of the standard of care that should be expected for this type of injury
- A blast injury from faulty maintenance of a domestic applience causing lower limb scarrin: personal injury with review of the prognosis and possible surgical options to improve the appearance of the scar